Skip to main content

Trees, Trees, and More Trees

 Willow Trees + More

I don't think I know anyone else who has a favorite kind of tree. Some people have favorite trees because it has some kind of deeper importance to them. Some may even carve their initials into it. The kind of "favorite" I'm talking about is different. 

I grew up in a neighborhood that was tucked away behind other neighborhoods. On the drive home we would always pass by this massive willow tree. I love how they look. The leaves flow so beautifully in the wind.

I feel as though I pay more attention to trees than the average person. Cherry blossom trees, apple trees, willow trees. They are all so very different from each other, yet they are all categorized the same, as a tree. Different sizes, shapes, colors, fruits, blossoms, etc. It is very peculiar, but special at the same time. 

I've mentioned other kids of trees in previous posts that provide more information, or nostalgia in my case, that I think pair well with this theme of trees. 

Cherry Blossom Trees 

Don't be fooled, the name is misleading but these trees in fact do not make cherries. I thought the same thing when I was a kid. I found this out later than I probably should have but regardless, these trees still add a lot of value to anyone's landscaping. 

https://plant-astic.blogspot.com/2022/09/cherry-blossom-trees-are-they-worth-it.html

Apple Trees 

I don't really know that much about the growth or up-keep of apple trees, but I know that I love them. They look beautiful AND they grow food (one of my favorites). All I can do is think of a world where apple trees are everywhere you go. What a world that would be. 

https://plant-astic.blogspot.com/2022/12/what-if-they-were-everywhere.html


Care about your planet?

Buy a reusable Plant-astic tote bag for yourself or for a loved one!

https://www.cafepress.com/plantastic.1035096154


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Rid Of Weeds

How To Get Rid of Weeds What is the number 1 enemy of gardening? Weeds. They seem to always be around. There’s a number of reasons as to why they come around and a number of ways to get rid of them. So, lets get into it. If you see weeds, this isn’t necessarily a bad sign. It means that your soil is healthy. You could rip the weed out of the soil and think problem solved. Although, that’s not entirely how it works. Weeds are only really gone if you pull them out from the roots. Otherwise, they’ll make a reappearance before you know it. You can buy weed killer from the store, which works well. But there’s a diy you may not know about: vinegar. It’s inexpensive and chances are you may already have it in the kitchen. If you’re going to get rid of weeds, it would probably do you some good to figure out why they show up in the first place. Usually, this is because: the roots still remain in the soil as I stated earlier, if the roots are not pulled up with the weeds, then they wi...

Cherry Blossom Trees: Are they worth it?

Cherry Blossom Tree Growing up in my childhood home, we had a beautiful cherry blossom tree in the front yard. I’ll never forget what it looked like. No taller than 6 feet, light pink flowers, a hint of yellow in the center. They're an interesting plant to add to your collection. Few fun facts to shed a little light on the tree:         They’re a member of the rose family         They need full light and good drainage to prosper          It’s the national flower of Japan         “Sakura” is the Japanese name for cherry blossom trees         In China, these trees are symbolic for female love, passion, strength, and dominance Where did they come from? The history of this tree is an interesting one. In 1912, Japan gifted 3,000 cherry blossom trees to the U.S. as a gift of friendship. They were first planted in Washington.  Pros and Cons If you have never been near a  c...