Skip to main content

The Beauty of Fake Plants

Fake Plants... Don't Overlook Them

I love the idea of being surrounded by plants. It feels refreshing and elevates my mood. The only issue is that the older I get, the less free time I have. Being in my last year of college, I’m absolutely swamped with schoolwork. Along with that, I have responsibilities to look after while I do my internship. My point being there’s not enough time in the day.

I used to have a few houseplants that I took great pride in. I had never really been able to keep anything alive for a very long time but yet I somehow kept my Birkin and Bonsai around for about a year and a half. Over the summer, I was rushing from one thing to the next and in the blink of an eye, my plants are dead.

I wanted to move into my new apartment with a few plants but realistically they wouldn’t last. I don’t have the time or the sun exposure to keep them in a healthy state. My solution: fake plants. I feel as though fake plants are very underrated and overlooked. Yes, it’s not as exciting as the real deal, but nevertheless, they get the job done.

The most work they require is a nice dusting every once in a while. Plus, there’s a wide variety to choose from! The largest downside to them is you can’t change out the pots to something more suited to the look you’re going for. Other than that, you can’t go wrong.


Below is a link to West Elm's selection of indoor house plants:

https://www.westelm.com/search/results.html?words=fake%20plants


Comments