Skip to main content

Plant Parenthood


 

Have you ever been to a store with a plant nursey? If you didn’t know, it’s a little hut resembling a green house. They’re used to grow plants in a specific condition until they’re big and healthy enough to be out in the open.

What is it?

Back in my hometown mall, there’s a place like this called Plant Parenthood. Along with their creative name, they also created an environment for people like me who love plants. Inside, they offer a wide variety of plants. Each one different from the other.

What do they do?

I was impressed to learn that they even offer potting services. When you purchase your plant at the checkout, they give you all the information you need to care for your new friend when you get home. Plant Parenthood will discuss what kind of sun exposure your plant will need, when to water it, and when to re-pot your plant. They do it free of charge too! You can either bring in a pot of your choosing or pick one off of the shelf.

Along with those services, they offer deliveries, consultations, second chance plants where they help revive your plant if it’s not looking so good, potting stations where you can create a new mix of soil for your plant, they offer little statues to accompany your plant in the soil, and they have stands at farmers markets. They even have a wish list where you can name the plant you’re looking for and they’ll network to help you find it.

I really enjoy my experience every time I come in. the people are very helpful and make sure you find the plant that’s right for you. Of course, it would be easier to go to the garden section of your local Walmart or Home depots, but they won't provide you services like this one. Plant Parenthood has managed to invent such a unique brand and the offers they have will match no other. Along with the services, your common garden center doesn't grow their own plants in-store, unlike this company. I think the plant nursery is a nice touch, it really shows that this place of business knows what they're doing and are qualified to help with all of your plant needs. 

They’re located in Joliet, IL but you can find the link to their store here if you want to check them out:

https://plantparenthoodllc.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Get Rid Of Weeds

How To Get Rid of Weeds What is the number 1 enemy of gardening? Weeds. They seem to always be around. There’s a number of reasons as to why they come around and a number of ways to get rid of them. So, lets get into it. If you see weeds, this isn’t necessarily a bad sign. It means that your soil is healthy. You could rip the weed out of the soil and think problem solved. Although, that’s not entirely how it works. Weeds are only really gone if you pull them out from the roots. Otherwise, they’ll make a reappearance before you know it. You can buy weed killer from the store, which works well. But there’s a diy you may not know about: vinegar. It’s inexpensive and chances are you may already have it in the kitchen. If you’re going to get rid of weeds, it would probably do you some good to figure out why they show up in the first place. Usually, this is because: the roots still remain in the soil as I stated earlier, if the roots are not pulled up with the weeds, then they wi...

Trees, Trees, and More Trees

 Willow Trees + More I don't think I know anyone else who has a favorite kind of tree. Some people have favorite trees because it has some kind of deeper importance to them. Some may even carve their initials into it. The kind of "favorite" I'm talking about is different.  I grew up in a neighborhood that was tucked away behind other neighborhoods. On the drive home we would always pass by this massive willow tree . I love how they look. The leaves flow so beautifully in the wind. I feel as though I pay more attention to trees than the average person. Cherry blossom trees, apple trees, willow trees. They are all so very different from each other, yet they are all categorized the same, as a tree. Different sizes, shapes, colors, fruits, blossoms, etc. It is very peculiar, but special at the same time.  I've mentioned other kids of trees in previous posts that provide more information, or nostalgia in my case, that I think pair well with this theme of trees.  Cherry...

Cherry Blossom Trees: Are they worth it?

Cherry Blossom Tree Growing up in my childhood home, we had a beautiful cherry blossom tree in the front yard. I’ll never forget what it looked like. No taller than 6 feet, light pink flowers, a hint of yellow in the center. They're an interesting plant to add to your collection. Few fun facts to shed a little light on the tree:         They’re a member of the rose family         They need full light and good drainage to prosper          It’s the national flower of Japan         “Sakura” is the Japanese name for cherry blossom trees         In China, these trees are symbolic for female love, passion, strength, and dominance Where did they come from? The history of this tree is an interesting one. In 1912, Japan gifted 3,000 cherry blossom trees to the U.S. as a gift of friendship. They were first planted in Washington.  Pros and Cons If you have never been near a  c...